Canine Adoption Process Tips
We want to make your adoption experience the best that it can be, we also want to find you the perfect match. Below is a list of things that will help speed up you adoption process and assist you in giving your new friend the best care you can.
- Have another dog at home? If yes, bring them along for a meet and greet, so we can introduce them and the dog you might want to adopt. Please note: this is not an adoption requirement, but we are happy to do meet & greets!
- Make sure everyone in your family is on board with the adoption. We ask that you bring your children along, but it’s not required.
- Bring a leash or collar with you. The shelter is running low and can’t send dog’s home with them. We also sell Lupine collars and leashes in the retail store, adopters get 10% off.
- Printing off a picture of the dog(s) you are interested in will help our adoption counselor’s speed up your adoption experience.
- Plan for a forty-five minute to an hour and half wait on days that a large group of dogs go available for adoption.
- Have you done any research? Crate Training: http://aspcabehavior.org/articles/92/Weekend-Crate-Training-.aspx House Training: http://aspcabehavior.org/articles/3/House-Training-Your-Adult-Dog.aspx Training Your New Dog: http://aspcabehavior.org/articles/89/Training-Your-Dog.aspx
- Think you might have questions? Bring along a list of whatever you would like us to try answer. Our adoption counselors will be happy to help you!