Greater Androscoggin Humane Sociey’s Fetchin’ Food Pet Pantry is a service offered to the residents of our contracted towns (Auburn, Canton, Greene, Hebron, Leeds, Lewiston, Livermore, Minot, New Gloucester, Turner, and Wales).
The Pet Pantry is open 9am to 11am every Tuesday unless it is a holiday. Inclement weather and harsh conditions may cause the Pet Pantry be postponed to a later day that week. This program is here to help the people and pets who live in our community. We run on donations and cannot guarantee what food/litter we will have on a weekly basis. This is a first come-first served program.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Proof of residency
- Proof of SSI/SSDI/Military identification
- Participant must be at least 18 years old
- Only one person per household can participate in the Fetchin’ Food Pet Pantry
- The individual/family will be limited to 3 pets on this program. NO new pets can be added while enrolled in the program.
- As the food is donated and may not be the same every week, the participant agrees not to hold the Fetchin’ Food Pet Pantry, Greater Androscoggin Humane Society staff, volunteers, or benefactors legally liable should the pet become ill.
- An application must be fully completed to be able to utilize the services of the Pantry.
- The Fetchin’ Food Pet Pantry has the right to judge each case upon its own merits. The program coordinators have the right to deny anyone for assistance.
- Participants can receive assistance up to two times a month.
- We ask that participants bring their own bags as we do not always have bags available to place the bagged/ canned food in.
- Fetchin’ Food Pet Pantry members can continue to utilize other assistance programs through the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society.
- Participants and members of the household cannot have any neglect or cruelty charges against them
- Any exceptions to the rules of the program will be made on a case-by-case basis and can only be made by GAHS management.